Based on MOTIS, many research topics have been addressed. MOTIS or one of its predecessor codes have been used to gain the insights presented in the following documents:
- F. Gündling, F. Hopp, K. Weihe. Efficient monitoring of public transport journeys. Public Transport, 1-15, September 2020.
- F. Gündling, T. Witzel. Time-Dependent Tourist Tour Planning with Adjustable Profits. ATMOS 2020.
- F. Gündling, P. Hoch, K. Weihe. Multi Objective Optimization of Multimodal Two-Way Roundtrip Journeys. RailNorrköping 2019. 8th International Conference on Railway Operations Modelling and Analysis (ICROMA), Norrköping, Sweden, June 17th–20th, 2019. No. 069.
- M. H. Keyhani Computing Highly Reliable Train Journeys. Ph.D. Thesis, Technical University Darmstadt, April 2017.
- M. H. Keyhani, M. Schnee, K. Weihe. Arrive in Time by Train with High Probability. Transportation Science, 51(4). 2017.
- F. Gündling, M. Keyhani, M. Schnee, K. Weihe. Fully Realistic Multi-Criteria Multi-Modal Routing. Report. Technical University of Darmstadt, October 2014.
- S. Fahnenschreiber, F. Gündling, M. Keyhani, M. Schnee. A Multi-modal Routing Approach Combining Dynamic Ride-sharing and Public Transport. Transportation Research Procedia: Towards future innovative transport: visions, trends and methods 43rd European Transport Conference Selected Proceedings, 2016
- M. H. Keyhani, M. Schnee, K. Weihe, H.-P. Zorn. Reliability and Delay Distributions of Train Connections. ATMOS 2012.
- A. Berger, C. Blaar, A. Gebhart, M. Müller-Hannemann, and M. Schnee. Passenger Flow-Oriented Train Disposition, ESA 2011.
- M. Schnee. Fully Realistic Multi-Criteria Timetable Information Systems. Ph.D. Thesis, Technical University of Darmstadt, October 2009.
- L. Frede, M. Müller-Hannemann, and M. Schnee. Efficient On-Trip Timetable Information in the Presence of Delays. ATMOS 2008.
- Y. Disser, M. Müller-Hannemann, and M. Schnee. Multi-Criteria Shortest Paths in Time-Dependent Train Networks. 7th International Workshop on Experimental Algorithms, Provincetown, MA, USA, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 5038, pp. 347-361, Springer 2008.
- T. Gunkel, M. Müller-Hannemann. and M. Schnee. Improved Search for Night Train Connections, ATMOS 2007.
- M. Müller-Hannemann and M. Schnee. Paying Less for Train Connections with MOTIS. Proceedings of Algorithmic MeThods and Models for Optimization of RailwayS, ATMOS 2005, Palma de Mallorca, Spain, 2005.
- M. Müller-Hannemann and M. Schnee. Finding All Attractive Train Connections by Multi-Criteria Pareto Search. Bergen, Norway, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 4359, pp. 246-263, Springer, 2007., Proceedings of the 4th Workshop on Algorithmic Methods and Models for Optimization of Railways ATMOS 2004.
- M. Müller-Hannemann, M. Schnee, and K. Weihe. Getting Train Timetables into the Main Storage. Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science 66.6, Proceedings of Algorithmic MeThods and Models for Optimization of RailwayS (ATMOS 2002).